Again, cudos to the Food Network and Travel Channel!

Glenn E. Meyer

I was watching Samantha Brown's travel show the other day. She goes back to Dallas where she was born. After sites and shopping, she joins a TX women's group who takes her to the range.

She shoots a J frame presented for personal self-defense and then some shotgun and clays. She clearly has a great time.

Previously, Anthony Bourdain has shot with Ted Nugent and a full auto range in Cambodia. He's hunted.

Anthony Zimmern on his show blazed away with EBRs and a Minigun. Had a great time.

Ming Tsai - years ago went birding with a semiauto 20 gauge and explained the gun to the audience.

And Alton Brown has a habit of deploying some neat tac knives. First time I saw him go mushroom hunting with a Spyderco police.

How many other networks have their folks go shoot and have fun?

And I love food!

CortJestir

I watch TFN on occasion - mostly Man v. Food, Bourdain, and Zimmern. I had no idea they spotlighted the shooting sports (and positively, at that). Good to know. Thanks for sharing...

CJ

mjsmith1223

Indeed it was nice to see the shooting sports in those episodes presented as just something fun that normal people do.

Lurch37

How many other networks have their folks go shoot and have fun?

Mythbuster's seems to do do a lot of different shooting scenario's, and from what I've seen, they present them, (firearms), in a positive light. I believe Mythbuster's is on the Discovery Channel.