Aftermarket Glock barrels......

tjhands

Hi. I'm looking at getting a Glock 20, but since I will be loading my own ammo for it, I've been advised to swap the stock barrel for an aftermarket one. If I replace the barrel, are there any other components that will have to be replaced? Does anyone here have experience with this? I'll also check the folks over at glocktalk.com
Thanks!!!

shooter1

No problems mate. A good source of aftermarket barrels is "Lone Wolff". You might as well get a .40 barrel too, and enjoy shooting some cheaper factory ammo now and then.
str1

HighValleyRanch

I got an aftermarket Federal barrel with compensator ports (extends past the normal slide) for my Glock 19. From Glock Doc on glocktalk for about 110.00.
Same reason, I had a bundle of lead 9mm ammo from the past.
First I tried the barrel with factory ammo. Functioned perfect, low muzzle flip, no noticable compensator flash in the day time, and accurate.
Not much more accurate than my stock 19 barrel with it's pretty normal one ragged hole targets. Didn't expect that I would get more accurate.

The only problem is that it has a match chamber, so my old ammo did not function. The old dillon 550 did not size all the way down, so the slight bulge made the rounds not chamber. After a few mal functions, I decided to dump the ammo.

I still might decide to keep the barrel to shoot lead at metal plates.

Forgot to address your question. Just drops right in. Same as cleaning or taking off your slide, swap out barrels and good to go. As fast as 1 minute after some practice.

scottys1

I put a Bar-Sto barrel in my Glock 22. It was a little snug and needed the rear of the hood filed down very slightly. The chamber is noticeably tighter than the factory chamber.
I used it for USPSA matches for about 2 years before bumping it up to HD use. Accuracy is the same or slightly better than with the factory barrel. It runs 100% with either factory ammo or ammo loaded on my Dillon 550.

jonathon

Glock Doc is a coo dude.

And I won a Glock Sign from his wife, that she covered her rather nice butt with and posted a pic of it :D :eek: