aftermarket 870 accessories??

predator86

just wondering where would be a good place to get accessories for my remington 870 12 ga shotgun. im looking for mag extension, pistol grip stock, pistol grip fore end, flashlight mount and a sling.

cjw3cma

I got my Choate® pistol grip stock at Sportsman's Guide (best price I could find). They also carry the Choate® Magazine Extensions and a few other 870 accessories.

Full-choke

Good well known company: Cabela's...sometimes just a touch higher but you know they will always deliver and treat you right.

On the other hand: Dig around on gunbroker.com under the accessories or something, there's always things on there.

rem870hunter

try cheaperthandirt.com is it a wingmaster or express model 870? is it a newer model with the dimples inside the end of the magazine tube?

predator86

well i just bought it from fleet farm last week, not sure on the dimples....what all is required to install a magazine extender?

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
All you need to add to your fine shotgun right now is wear marks. Shoot it as it is until it feels like a body part.

When the pile of empty hulls passes your ankles, you'll have a better idea of what it needs and what only removes money from your wallet with a soft sucking sound.

predator86

this is my second 870.....this is going to be my home defense/brush gun.

all its getting is a pistol grip fore end, pistol grip(w/ full stock), tube extender, tru-glo sights on the slug barrel, sling and a flashlight for at home....im going to try as hard as i can to not shoot it until its in its final configuration.....

rantingredneck

If you want a good solid feeling synthetic stock (minus pistol grip though) for not much money, check egunparts.com for Speedfeed II synthetic sets. They had used sets for 29.50 recently. Good stuff.

john1911

All you need to add to your fine shotgun right now is wear marks. Shoot it as it is until it feels like a body part.

When the pile of empty hulls passes your ankles, you'll have a better idea of what it needs and what only removes money from your wallet with a soft sucking sound.

A lot of wisdom in this post.

I've spent a lot of time and money on guns trying to be the cool kid on the block. Time and money that would have been better spent actually learning to shoot well. No amount of doo-dads hanging off your gun will beat sound marksmanship.

Fozzy_Bear

Another recommendation for

cheaperthandirt.com

and another recommendation for

a KNOXX stock

and another recommendation for

shooting it for a while first to see what you like/don't about it stock...

It's all been mentioned before... Just adding an additional recommendation.

predator86

thanks for the links guys...now i just gotta wait till my paycheck arrives......

like i said, this is my SECOND 870, my first one is my hunting gun that i have hunted with for the past 13 years and i already know what i dont like about the stocks, i have broken my left wrist twice and carrying an 8 pound shotgun all day in the deer woods really hurts my wrist, hence the pistol grip fore end, it will be loads easier on my wrist, i have handled my uncles 870 with a pistol grip stock and i prefered the way it handled, this is my home defense/slug gun, i dont need a 28'' barrel banging around in the dark in the narrow hallways of my trailer house....before i buy anything i research it diligently and try to handle it as much as possible before plunking down the cash, this is not to be the coolest kid on the block, if i was trying to be the coolest kid on the block then i would have a folding stock, barrel shroud, bayonet and about 8 shells hanging off the gun some way some how. i dont like being tacticool.....i prefer being smarter and better equipped than any adversary that i might run up against....

Mainah

LL Bean recently opened a new hunting and fishing wing at their flagship store in Freeport, Maine. I found a synthetic stock for my 870 for less than Cabelas was charging.

It's a beautiful addition, they've got a decent selection of used rifles and shotguns, well worth a trip if you're in Maine.