After all these years...

CD1

Nice!! Its always great to see that persistence pays off. I hope you bag one. Let us know how it goes!

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Okay, give us the grimy details. What part of the state, what gun ya gonna use, do you know all about field-dressing that big a critter, all that jazz...

:), Art

Ron Ankeny

Art:

I drew in Area 26 in Southwest Wyoming. This area has a very dense population of moose with hunter success at almost 100%. I'll be looking for a big bull in September with my bow. If I can't stick one, I'll try during the rut with my rifle, a custom Sako in .30-.338 with a 2.5-10 Swarovski scope, shooting 180 grain Nosler partitions.

I have never caped a moose, but I have done plenty of other critters, like elk and deer. I also know the rules. For instance, rule one, when hunting trophy moose, kill them where you can, but have plenty of help close by. If I can't find a big one, I'll shoot a young bull for the freezer and that's where rule 2 comes in, chain your rifle to the steering wheel of the truck.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Hokay. I drifted through that country in '81 and in '84. Came out of Boise through Kemmerer and Rock Springs; and then a run north through Grand Teton and Yerrostone and on up to Lake Louise and Jasper.

Saw a moose in Yellowstone; figured the SmokeyBear Hats wouldn't like me opening the season in June...

Funny. In '84, the Canadian Border Guys didn't even blink at the AR 15 in my truck. I lied, of course, when they asked about having a pistol...Gave 'em my best dumb-bunny trout look. That's the nice thing about an NAA derringer, .22 Mag, in your boot. If they wanna search luggage, hey, great!

:), Art

gunmart

art for what it is worth i was in area 91(i think) in oct 2000 and there was a big bull up there.i saw lots of smaller ones too.
it was in the raymond canyon area if you know where that is!!!we also hunted at 103 and i get the numbers confused but it was in raymond canyon..

Ron Ankeny

Art:

I'll be hunting about 20 minutes North of Kemmerer, you drove right by my area in the 80's. Small world isn't it?