After 16 years I now own a BP Pistol

edm1

In 1990 I was working for the National Park service in Vicksburg MS. I was 16 and wanted a 1860 Army revolver. I saved and was going to get one but Skateboarding or some other 16 year old thing got in the way. Since then I have owned BP Single shot pistols, Many modern Rifles and handguns, when I would get to looking at the BP pistols I'd always talk myself into something else when I had the cash. I have Flintlock rifles,percussion rifles and today I purchased my 1860 Army, finally. Got it brand new, locally for $230. It is a steel framed Uberti I guess from Taylors? Had some paper in the box by them. This was only a few dollars more than my Dealer discount at Midway and after shipping I'd have paid more there. Anyways It is a beautiful thing and I just felt like telling ya'll.

Gatofeo

Ohhhhhhhh ... he's hooked.
Next thing, he'll be arguing greased wads vs. lubricant over the ball or <shudder> no lubricant at all!
Then it's Remington vs. Colt vs. Rogers & Spencer vs. Starr vs. LeMat, et al.
He's gone over to the dark powder side, like the rest of us, forevermore to carry a powder monkey on his back. :rolleyes: