affordable good auto shotgun

oneounceload

Hey all, I was considering buying a new autoloader shotgun around 300 bucks range, any suggestions? thanks

Advice? Yep - save up twice that amount and go to wally world and buy the Beretta version there - the 3901

SeR_Cyclops

I bought my Remington 1100 for $350 out of a gun collection. It is a older model, made in the 60s I believe but it is in Perfect shape and wasn't shot that much when the guy before me owned it.

CLC

Got my browning auto - 5 for $375 and see them around gunshows for $350 even. Hasn't given me any problems and love it. I call BS because I see mossberg 500s for $200 often with lots to go with it. Got one for $50 a while back.

TheKlawMan

There is a world of diff between a Mossberg 500 (pump) and a 930 (auto loader). Used Mossberg pumps aren't worth much, but one for $50 is a steal.

HottAK47

Get a used Rem model 11 or Browning auto 5 for $150 to $300 and change out the friction ring, magazine spring and recoil spring. These are about all that wear out on the fine solid weapons and tou can R&R them with only minimal skills and a screwdriver.
Knives2158.jpg

I got $150 in this one new springs and al.l

dalegribble

i bought a tri star viper for a little over 300 from sportsmans warehouse awhile back. it's a combat style semi auto 12 ga but also comes in the longer barrel hunting styles. no problem and no complaints with mine.

PawPaw

Yup, yup, go to a good pawn shop and look at the used gun rack. You can usually have your pick of the litter for under $500.00, less if you know the guys and have bought from them before. In the shops I frequent, there are normally a half-dozen Brownings or Remingtons languishing there because everybody wants the latest-and-greatest for sporting clays or waterfowling.

Huntergirl

Better to look at used Rem 1100's. My first semi auto was a used Rem 1100, that I beat the snot out of waterfowling. I then sold it reasonably, when I could afford new, and bought a Winchester SX2.

mborella

i found a rem 1100 for 250 plus tax (love my pawn shop), but i spent another 100 buying rings and stuff to make it eject light loads. not in mint condition but it shoots great will need to be cleaned after every shooting if you expect it to stay semi-automatic

David the Gnome

The NEF Excell Auto can be had for ~$350 new and is a fine semi-auto shotgun. I've had mine for a little over a year and I've never had a single problem out of it. It's the gun I bring when I shoot sporting clays with someone who hasn't shot a 12 gauge before, the felt recoil is greatly reduced with the semi-auto action absorbing a lot of the shock. I would highly suggest one with the beautiful walnut stock.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/excell.asp