Afforadable AR500 Steel IDPA/IPSC Target

WVsig

Looking at putting up a steel target in my backyard for shooting. I am looking at a 2/3 IPDA/IPSC target. I am looking at 3/8 AR500 steel so I can shoot pistol now and maybe some .223 down the road but it will mainly be a pistol target.

I am going to hang it with a center lag bolt with a slight angle down to deflect the round to the ground. There are a few on Ebay that sell for about $70 shipped. Like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-STEEL...G-TARGET-3-8-X-12-X-20-TGARD013-/131291638133

Anyone have a better source?

burrhead

I say that's a very good price considering free shipping. Don't think you'll beat it. And yes, I have several ar500 gongs.

Fox84

Thanks for the ebay link. Mine will be at my house next thursday. I'll paint it white and have at it. I have many pieces of steel. This will be my largest.

WVsig

Yeah I saw that. He has a good rep but is about 50% more than others when you include shipping.

jeepman4804

Almost all my steel is from them (GaSteel). Good people to work with and they will give you even better prices if you buy in bulk. I have 4 of the 2/3's silhouettes, 4 - 10" gongs, 4 - 8", and 4 - 6" gongs from them. Gonna be buying a set of 2", 3", and 4" after Thanksgiving. I wish they made the mini silhouette knock-overs I use. If they did I wouldn't have to shop around so much.

WVsig

Mine arrived yesterday from Gasteel painted it and put it up today! Put a few rounds in it and love it!