Aesthetics May Be Trite...

Nightcrawler

But I think the 6", stainless GP-100 with the half-underlug is the best looking of all the Ruger .357 Revolvers, and as such would rather have it than the 4" or 6" standard full underlug models.

ruger_kgp161.jpg

Anybody have this particular model? Seems to me it'd be less barrel-heavy than the full underlug 6"...

Hand_Rifle_Guy

Whereas muzzle-weight was exactly the reason I bought my six-inch full-lugger.

But it sure does look purty with that half-shroud. But as far as un-lugged barrels go, I really like old Colts. Something about that unsupported ejector rod has a lot of old-school style, which I appreciate in a wheel gun. I'm just a fool for old guns.

S&W half-shrouds are mucho stylish, too. Makes my Mountain Gun barrel look like a pole-axe blade.

Brian Williams

I have recently bought both a S&W Mod 66 and 65 one with a half shroud and one with a heavy barrel and no shroud. I like the 65 the best I think, a nice heavy barrel and no snag stuff but not to heavy like my full shroud taurus tracker.

I really like all my revolvers because they each have a different use...

lonegunman

Dudes, trying to pick which Ruger is the best looking is like trying to pick out which ugly step-sister you want to take to the ball.