Advice wanted on project revo

Hutch

I'm wrestling with a an idea, and I'd like some input from our brain trust here. I'd like to replace my nightstand Commander with a revolver. I would like this to also become my favorite holster CCW revo. It will see much finish wear, due to my clumsiness, and the fact I will constantly be zipping this thing into a gun rug. That being said, I absolutely REQUIRE night sights. I"ve heard that S&W and Trijicon will put sights on a fixed sight revo. I'm about decided on a 3" K-frame. I THINK an M65 would be best, and I have one that's close to perfect, but.... it's my wife's CCW. I have an ugly nickel 3" M13, and a decent (but refinished, matte blue) 3" 547. I also have a very nice PC13, but I'm reluctant to customize it, or to subject it to the finish wear I'd give it. I have some 4" square-butt K-frames that could be shortened. I'd like several opinions:

Since the front sight may have to be milled off and replaced, d'ya think it'd be costly to shorten a 4" at the same time?

Given the mill-work to install a front NS, would anyone comment on the advisability of hard-chroming at the same time?

Anybody got anything to say about 9mm vs .357 out of a 3" tube? (I know that's been done to death, but...)

Anybody know of any gunsmith who'd take on the whole project and guarantee satisfaction?

Anybody got any strong feelings about SB vs RB in a 3" CCW?

Thanks....