Advice: Target 9mm

topspin43

Need a target 9mm for range bowling. Adjustable sights a must and at least a 10 shot cap. Optics to come later. I like the P229 Sport but is a tad expensive for me without selling something (against my religion). I'm not a tinkerer and like my stuff straight from the factory. I'm strictly a shooter and a cleaner.

Suggestions?

BUCKMARK

How do you feel about Glocks?

If you like the glock, the G34 is a sweet shooter!

17 round flush fit mags, tact. rail, adjustable rear, 3.5# trigger.

The Model 17L is also awesome...but hard to get ahold of one.

Pilot

My MK III Browning Hi Power is the most accurate 9MM I own. My CZ-75 and HK P7M8 are close seconds.

JoeHatley

952_r.jpg

9 + 1, but the mags can be bumped to 10.

Joe

Hammerhead

there are still quite a few Glock 17L's around from the last run. I just added Dawson adjutable fiber optic sights (easy) and an extended tunsten recoil rod (even easier) to reduce recoil.
I can't imagine a better 9mm pin gun. (of course Joe Hatley's 952 is pretty sweet too!)
I had a Springfield 1911 9mm that was awesome, but not as reliable as my Glock.

hsim

As far as true target 9mm goes, you can not get any better then either the Sig P210 or a S&W 952, but these will run the wrong side of $1500.

Others would be Browning HP, 1911 in 9mm from Kimber/Springfield, Springfield XD tactical, Glock G34, H&K Expert (also up there with the sig and S&W).

Topthis

Bullrock...which do you like better, the Px4 or the CZ P-01? I know, I know...sub-compact vs. full size, all metal vs. composite etc., but all around 9mm handgun, if you could only have one of the two...which would you say shoots the best??

threegun

Topspin, Are the pins @ ten yards? Why are you looking for a "target gun"? I second the Glock 17L or 34. I used to shoot pins with an almost stock model 20 10mm Glock. I could hang with the best at the range using it despite the serious recoil. The 9mm would be candy.

If you can find something better...Buy It!!!

I have..........................a Glock in any model.

Bullrock

Bullrock...which do you like better, the Px4 or the CZ P-01? I know, I know...sub-compact vs. full size, all metal vs. composite etc., but all around 9mm handgun, if you could only have one of the two...which would you say shoots the best??

Hey Top, I don't have allot of time to answer this because my ballgame is on in 10 minutes...

They both carry about the same with the P01 easier to conceal under a T shirt.

They are both great range guns. When I first bought my P01 I didn't think I could ever buy another auto that would shoot that good again.

Then I got the PX4...A better trigger. Rapid fire, it just wont come off target...:D

So I choose the PX4...But I haven't tried my new P2001Sk yet! Who knows...;)

Go Sox!!!

topspin43

The pins are 50 feet away... as the frames (5 of 'em) progress, just the cut off tops of the pins are inserted instead of full size ones... a few every frame. Lemme tell you, those little boogers are tough to hit with fixed sights. Most guys have either adjustables or optics (handgun scopes or red dots). My problem is that I love my PCR the way it is (fixed sights) and do not want to do any customizing as it is my carry gun. And as much as I enjoy my Beretta just because of it's beauty (and it was my first handgun), I can't hit a cow in the butt with it from 5 feet. I have small hands and the grip on the 92 hi-cap is enormus.

I'm now actively thinking Hi Power... I'm gonna shoot one tomorrow night at the range along with a S&W. For gun safe space reasons and money reasons, the Beretta may have to be jettisoned.

In the meantime, I'll continue to use the Buckmark with the red dot... not much pin action with a .22 though. Especially when those reloader guys with their .45s are launching pins off the table.