Advice on a new gun belt.

Micahweeks

I'm looking to put together a new CC set up. I'll just be carrying my gun, two extra mags, and my flashlight. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to concealment gear as the bulk of my experience has been with duty gear. Can anyone suggest a super tough belt that I can wear around town and still look relatively normal?

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I wear a belt from Crossbreed. I've had it for 3 years now. Other than being more flexible where it bends in the area where the buckle rests, it's a good as new.

MLeake

Sam Andrews makes beautiful belts - my wife likes some of his gunbelts better than the normal or dress belts you'd find at men's stores - but they aren't cheap. OTOH, you definitely get what you pay for with Sam; his stuff can be pricey, but should outlast most owners.

http://andrewsleather.com

Note that Sam had a belt, holster, and magazine pouch in SWAT Magazine's (I think the March issue) sweepstakes - in hippopotamus leather.

If you go to Sam's website, there's a page for normal gear, and another page for exotic leathers.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I use an Aker B21, and have for a couple of years. It's stiff enough to carry a full-sized pistol and an extra mag or two, but it doesn't scream "GUN BELT" to everyone that sees me wearing it. Doc Intrepid has already provided the link.

Kreyzhorse

+3 for the Beltman. I've not seen a gun belt that holds up better or lasts longer than those from the Beltman. For extra durability, I would suggest opting for the horsehide version.

grandpajoe

I've got an Aker B21 belt and I really like it. It is very sturdy and handsome, decently priced too. I've got a High Noon Mr. Softy holster for an Officers Model and GM and while I like them, I found this guy got one for my OACP and love it. http://www.winthropholsters.com/ I would not hesitate to recommend either company though.

USNavy_233

+4 for the Belt Man. Bought my gun belt years ago and it's still holding strong. Great product quality, great value for your money.

Beentown71

Crossbreed for leather and Wilderness Tactical for everyday. This one has been used and abused but still looks almost new.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Micahweeks

I just wanted to update you guys on my purchase. I ordered a belt from Mr. Garcia at the website mentioned above. It arrived yesterday. It is of exceptional quality, very sturdy, and comfortable. Worth every penny and more. My thanks to Mr. Garcia. Look him up in the future. Or now.

Nathan

Just throwing this out there for the next guy, the. . .

I have 3 gun belts.

Rafter S Gunleather - My first one is now dead. It could still carrry a gun fine, but it looks pretty bad. I bought it in 2002 and wore it almost everyday for 9 years. I even sent it back to be refinished once. I think the got divorced and so I'm not sure about today's product. The only negative was it did not fit Milt Sparks loops perfectly. A little too tight.

Then I bought an A&G Custom Gunleather - This is probably the nicest looking belt I own. I wear it occasionally. Basically, this is my 1911 winter belt. I changed the buckle out to a nice rodeo belt buckle to go with my boots!

Last is my serious work/summer belt A Bullhide - Super belt. Maybe a tad thick, but very nice. It is almost too stiff, I have worn it for like 3 months regularly, but it is not broke in much yet.

ClydeFrog

carry belts, gun belt rigs....

Depending on the use(s), there are a few high quality brands out there;
5.11 Tactical, Blackhawk, Mitch Rosen, Milt Sparks, Unkle Mikes, Galco, High Noon Holsters, Thebeltman.net, Bianchi-intl.

I've used a few 5.11 nylon & Unkle Mikes belts with few problems.
Mitch Rosen markets a concealment rig that narrows to 1.25" in front. ;)

Ken Null is highly rated for custom gun belts too.
NOTE; many custom shops or lines may take months to deliver. 5.11 & Blackhawk have polymer type inserts but may be ready to ship in your size-style.

Clyde