Advice Needed for AR Build

WhyteP38

I posted this question on another forum but received no answers. Basically, I'd like to get some opinons on the quality of the parts I'm thinking about using.

I have two ARs and have decided it's time to build my own. What I plan to build is a general purpose 16" AR in 5.56 with good parts but nothing fancy. Because this entire build will take at least a year to complete (time and money constraints), I've decided to start slowly and begin with the lower. Here's what I'm considering and would appreciate any feedback on my choices:

• Stripped lower - either LCW or Stag (not sure which of these two are considered better than the other, or whether there's something better for about the same $$)
  • LPK - again, either LCW or Stag (not sure which of these two are considered better than the other, or whether there's something better for about the same $$)
  • Collapsable 6-position M4-type buttstock - Stag (because I've read that Stag stocks follow mil spec)
Like I said, nothing fancy; that's not my style. I just like good, solid products that consistently do what they are supposed to do and do it well.

Thanks in advance.

DnPRK

LCW receivers are made by Lewis Machine Tool.
Stag receivers are made by Continental Machine Tool.

Both provide components to the Pentagon. Both have excellent reputations. I would not hesitate to get either one. Which is cheaper?

WhyteP38

Although I can claim no personal knowledge (although I did just buy a Stag lower receiver kit) Stag's catching a little QC flack lately
Interesting. Stag seems to be having issues with their uppers but not with their lowers. So if I go with a Stag lower, I'll probably need to go with a different upper.

Mike40-11

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! :eek: NOW I hear this about Stag. I just ordered a 4L a couple hours ago....

Well, here's hoping I get a good one (crossing fingers)............

45reloader

My Stag is fine I just built

Double star makes a nice Stripped Lower.

Call Del-Ton and ask if they are still in stock.Much better then a superior and is really the same thing.