Advice for 3rd handgun

topspin43

My first hangun was the 9mm below... then I got the .22 to fire more rounds off at the range and practice technique. Now I need a .45 to roll those bowling pins off the table.

I like the Baby Eagle but am also considering a 1911 of some kind... Maybe an SC or a Springfield.

What's your opinion shooters? :confused:

Eghad

I have had mostly experience with Springfields..both mine are 12-13 years old still shootin....

so I really dont know about the current crop of Springfields...

You might want to start out with a basic GI Springfield and add some custom fixed sights to it...

cant speak for the other brands but I am sure there are others who will

packa45

Is money a concern? Ok dumb question, I guess it always is but if it's not that important check out STI.

Gazpacho

Get a S&W 625. A freakin' big 45acp revolver will put a big freakin' grin on your face, first time you shoot it! (Plus it don't kick like a 44mag)

crysour

A very good 1911 value, if not the best value, is the Springfield mil-spec. A fine gun out the box and a great platform for upgrading if you find yourself bitten by the 1911 bug.

utaherrn

like Gazpacho said, not all .45s are 1911s

got a couple of Kimber Custom IIs (good guns, not a single problem with either) and now a pair of S&W ACP revolvers. Very fun toys, and those moon clips are a fast reload.
Have fun!

Sir William

Big money: SW1911, Colt 1911 or Kimber 1911. Economy: Colt 1991 or Rock Island. Basic building platform: Rock Island or SAM.

Greenfurniture

S/A Mil-Spec pistols are nice, but you might want to think about getting a Kimber Custom II, which is a little more expensive, but will save you money in the long run with the updates you would have to put into the Springer.

Of course, the Kimber is an American made pistol, not a bag of imported parts like the S/A.

TR64

I vote for Witness

Take a hard look at Witness - great gun, fits hand like a glove, 10 rounds, DA/SA, you may shoot pins, practical and defence.
Just my $.02

Ac1d0v3r1d3

[Title edit - -Inappropriate]

i say go with the Beagle. I've got one and love it. great little guns, i dont know if it'd trust a poly frame tho. i think the heavy steel frame and slide are great selling points anyway, and personally, i think the 1911's are over rated. (i'm so gonna get flamed for this)

Hotbarrel

A year ago I was in the same predicament you're in now.
After trying various guns, I picked up a hardly used CZ 97B. It's big, hefty, and 10+1. With 2 mags I paid $450. After shooting it I realized what a steal I'd gotten. It eats everything with no problems at all. I like that the weight absorbs recoil and the grip is long but slim. The trigger pull could be a couple pounds lighter, but I don't shoot competition so what the heck.

SW40F

Sig P220. Find a Law Enforcement refurbished, reasonable $$$, excellent .45 acp platform.

S&W 4506. Big, heavy, stainless steel, very easy to shoot, very accurate. Also reasonable $$$.