Adjusting grip?

iMagUdspEllr

I saw a much more experienced shooter adjusting his grip after every shot. I don't understand, he was only shooting a CZ-75 SP-01. Why would you need/want to adjust your grip after every shot?

_Muad'dib_

Maybe just a bad habit he doesn't realize he has? Maybe he was just working something out in his grip? I'm not really sure.

booker_t

If you were so interested, why didn't you politely ask him, instead of asking a bunch of people who weren't there and could only speculate?

Edward429451

Well, he probably has a certain grip that works well for him that is conducive to accuracy and he has to readjust because his gun/ammo combination does not allow him to retain his grip under recoil. Hollywood made him buy the wrong ammo perhaps, LOL! :)

bkjgiant

I know when i pitched in baseball, I had my "ritual" that i did before each pitch, that was just my deal though and it seemed to work. But as long as i have been shooting i have never heard of more experienced shooters adjusted their grip after each shot, unless they were changing the way they were shooting.

siggygirl

I'm doubting this was the case, but if my left hand fingernails get too long, after about 5 shots, they dig into my right hand, so I re-adjust. Now I've just cut them off but I imagine I will forget again.

Capt. Charlie

Moderator Emeritus
Actually, back in the old days, I saw experienced bullseye shooters occasionally do this. Something about "readjusting each step for perfection" :D.

Time wasn't much of an issue in bullseye, but in today's fast-paced shooting world, not a good idea. Rapid recovery and consistent accuracy is enhanced
by fewer steps in the shooting process.

bearone2

booker t:

it was a simple question, maybe there wasn't time to ask at the range or maybe the op was emabarassed to ask.

perhaps he thought some insight could be drawn from tfl.

Last edited by a moderator: