Adj. sights for the M1911A1 dovetail ?

Tom2

Does it have the same dovetail cut as a US made 1911? because Novaks makes a version of their low profile/low snag rear sight that is adjustable, now. Higher profile than that, or not necessarily designed for concealment/combat guns adjustable rear sights abound for the 1911 platform. I would assume the two mentioned above are maybe a little better protected from banging around than some of the target grade sights.

Casimer

Does it have the same dovetail cut as a US made 1911?

Yes

I'm familiar w/ some of the adjustable target sights that are available, but these always seem to require a non-spec dovetail a/o milling.

Scorch

Millett used to make a sight that did not require milling. I haven't looked lately. And if the base is bigger than the slot, who says the metal has to be removed from the slide dovetail and not the sight base???;)

Jim Watson

A lot of bullseye target pistols have Bomar adjustable sights in the GI dovetail; there being no need to holster the gun. Bomar is now out of business but there are several copies, including the Baer. Some would require drilling and tapping a hole behind the dovetail for the elevation screw, some would not.
Champion is making a copy of the Kensight that looks like it has self contained elevation. http://www.championgunsights.com/proddetail.asp?prod=860-323

Any will require a lot taller front sight to zero.

Jim Watson

George Smith at EGW said:

"The origional owner passed away last year, I believe it was a couple that started in in 1957 ish.
Norbert was who I ordered from this year, I believe (I am not positive) he was the son. He was pushing his truck off the road and a person in a car coming the other way ran into the truck and he was killed. On the phone he was very pleasnt and I was a fan."

More at:
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=183129&highlight=bomar

cdrt

Jim Watson

Thanks for the update on Bo-Mar. Next time I call Gil Hebard's, I'll check and see how many Bo-Mars they have in stock. He may still have quite an inventory since they were a mainstay in his catalog.