Adequate holster

fauxpa46

An OTW holster suggestion, please for my Sig 365. Can be either leather or Kydex. Every holster I’ve purchased prints because the holster does not hold the gun tight to my side. Frustrated.

Nathan

Can you tell us what you have purchased and didn’t like? Also, what position on your belt do you wear your holster? That will help me give advice.

My initial thought is that you want a pancake style holster with ~20 deg cant worn about 330-400 position.

bamaranger

belt

A good holster needs a good belt, and every day dress belts in my experience, are not stiff enough to offer adequate support to help a holster, even a good one, stay close to the body. Forget about a dress belt bought at Wally World or Rural King for the most part.

There are belts intended for CCW use, with double thickness of leather if you are old school, or synthetic stiffeners or some combo of both. Assuming you have a quality holster to start, a belt to finish the rig should cost about as much, maybe more.

fauxpa46

Nathan, I've purchased so many, I really could not tell you each manufacturer, honestly. I do use belts made for carry, so that is not an issue. I wear OWB around 2-3 o'clock. It seems all those I've purchased carry the gun too high, and therefore the gun tends to be top-heavy and leans over and out to the side. My 365 has the original frame with the XL slide/barrel so I've got the smallest printing frame available (in that model).

Big Wes

I use a Galco Jak212 slide . Perfect for the Sig 365 small & comfortable. I tried to post a few pic's but couldn't attach them to this message.

Last edited: