Addition to Collection

EOD Guy in VA

Added a Walther P5 to my collection today.

What a sweet pistol and what an interesting design inside and out.

Taking it to the range tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• walther p5.jpg
    walther p5.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 483

EOD Guy in VA

It's my understanding the P5 Compact was discontinued.

Although I'm not a lefty, this is the perfect pistol for one. It's the only pistol I know that left ejects its cartridge casings. Another interesting feature is the lever on the left doubles as a slide release and decocker.

EOD Guy in VA

Just got back from the range. Here’s the results:
1. Not a single FTF right out of the box with 150 rounds.
2. Very accurate.
3. Sights clear & easy to use.
4. Using a European mag release again seemed awkward.
5. It’s a keeper!

boing

Nice piece. I wouldn't mind having one. :)

Doesn't the P38 eject leftward? I seem to recall looking at one and seeing the ejector on the right side...? :confused:

That's a VERY nice looking gun. Most of the units I've seen for sale look (in the photos) to have darker slides. Is yours a special model or are those other photos just dark?

Baba Louie

What a beautiful piece of design, engineering and manufacturing perfection. Looks like the last line in the evolution of the PP & P38 series.

A bit spendy for my budget, and even if I could afford one, it'd just start me wanting to collect ALL of the Walther lineup and darnit, I can't afford "Another" mfg. to creep into my "I want List".

Very nice.

Adios

EOD Guy in VA

I found it on GunsAmerica.com for $649 from Valley Firearms. With shipping, insurance, local FFL transfer fee and Instant Background check the grand total came to $716.

Pilot

I have a Walther P-5, but have kept it NIB and haven't shot it. Its too pretty and I have a lot of other choices. Is the P-5 you bought nickel or chrome plated?

EOD Guy in VA

Pilot ... look at the attachment with the first post :rolleyes:

Also, I think you're missing a lot of enjoyment by having your P5 sit NIB.
Kinda like buying a Ferrari and leaving it in the garage. :)

Pilot

EOD,

I agree. I should shoot my P-5. But with an HK P7M8, CZ-75B and PCR, Browning High Power, a Mauser C-96 in 9MM and a P-08 Luger, my 9MM is getting used up! I'll either sell it NIB or shoot it!

It is a beautiful piece of craftmanship.