Adding a new bench

grubbylabs

So I have added a new bench to my reloading room. It is just a counter top. Press board with a cheap laminate top. I'm thinking about moving my single stage press to it. But I'm not sure how to re enforce it so it can handle the stress.

Jak300gt

If your countertop has the lip under the front edge you could use construction adhesive and some small screws to add plywood to the bottom. Or if you can find a piece of plate steel about 8"x8" or a little bigger and use that to reinforce that section just under the press.

jmorris

Just go and add wood and or steel as needed. I used an old particle board desk for many years. Had to add stuff to it as it came apart but it worked and was free.

DSC02298.jpg

Looked like a cross between an old horse and Frankenstein when I finally burned the rest of it but got a lot of use out of it.

grubbylabs

I am going to start by gluing and screwing some 3/4 ply or similar size plywood to it, then I am going to put a nice piece of stainless under the press itself. And then under the counter I will also add a piece of steel that is at least 12x12, just depends on what I can get from the scrap bin at the steel yard.