Addicted To These….

mk70ss

Just found another vintage Charter Arms revolver. This one from 1978 with original box and bill of sale (cost $120 back then) this one is in .22 magnum.

Bob Wright

I bought a Charter Bulldog when they were first introduced after reading Skeeter Skelton's write-up of them. In .44 Special, I loaded .44 Russian to ease extraction/ejection. these with the Speer 225 gr. half jacketed bullet.

One day on the range I was about to leave when I broke out the Charter. There were remnants of snow on the berm 110 yards down range. I picked out some snow about the size of a dinner plate, maybe 10" in diameter. I began shooting at his little puff of snow, raising the front sight to walk my bullets. With the base of the front sight even with the top of the rear sight (Yep, the old "hog wallow" groove in the frame.) I began breaking up that snow puff. As Col. Askins once described it, it was "Elmer's little mortar," but the fact remans I was able to pound five shots into those little snow puffs. Impressed me that a 3 1/2" little revolver could do that consistently.

That was maybe 1979 or so. Wonder if I could still do that?

Bob Wright

balin

I have one of the original models along with a later one and like them both. Keep thinking about getting one of the new 3 inchers

Carmady

Here's a good article on Charter Arms by Ed Buffaloe.

The Pathfinder .22 was called the Pocket Target when it came out, but they changed the name to Pathfinder around 1970. See the "Timetable" section. Iirc, the name was changed because another company (Colt?) had something called a Pocket Target.

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/CAR/car.html

gwpercle

I must be getting old .... I just never considered Charter Arms and / or 1978 ...
... as Vintage !
In my mind Charter Arms is a relatively new company and most everything I own was bought / made before 1978 ...

I guess "Vintage" is all dependant pn how old you are ... my idea of vintage is my Remington model 17 - 20 ga. pump made in 1929 !
Gary

mk70ss

You do realize that 1978 was 45 years ago in a week. Do you consider a 45 year old car vintage or is it still relatively new to you?

Carmady

What can I say, a true “Junkie”. You are doing ok, 1st step is to admit you have a problem.

And whatever you do, don't look at these.

Attachments

• CA Bonnie.jpg
    CA Bonnie.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 42
  • CA Clyde.jpg
    CA Clyde.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 38