AD funny story

Freightman

A law enforcement officer told me about his AD today and I thought I would share it.
"He had made somewax rounds out of candle wax, and was shooting at some cans in the back yard. He said that he loaded a round in his HiPower and had an itch on his but took the barrel of his gun to scratch it "you guessed it" had hif finger on the trigger pulled it" said "i thought I was going to faint it hurt so bad said I did cry" broke the skin and the bruse was with him for a month.
I have made wax rounds like he did and shoot them at coke cans they destroy a can at 30' so I can only guess how bad that would hurt.
If you do not know how to make them here is how.
I drill out the flash hole in a empty sized case prime them then push them into some sheet wax 3/4" deep. Quite effective on tree rats if you put them in the freezer for awhile before use. I forgot you have to put the wax in before primming as the air pressure pusheses the wax out if you don't

mete

There was an actor who was playing with a gun he was using in a movie, a 44mag loaded with blanks. He put the gun to his head and fired . The wad killed him. Now they give actors safety training !!

Quartus

There was another one a few years AFTER Brandon Lee. He was a muscle bound type with much less brainpower than Arnold, and was shooting the second season of a spy-type series. They had to scramble around to find a fill in, then killed the show after that season. It was dying anyway.

MikeG

AD - funny story

The gun to the head was Jon-Eric Hexum on the set of the TV series 'Cover-Up'. Somehow he fired a .44 Magnum revolver loaded with blanks while it was pointed at his head. At contact range it had enough power to drive the cardboard disc on top of the blank through his skull and into his brain. A tragic and memorable lesson in firearm safety. :(

On a lighter note: Freightman, do you know this Cop well enough to kid him about possible brain damage from that AD? :rolleyes:
Mike

Freightman

Already done!
He told another it was a little less funny. He said even thoes who handle guns for a living go brain dead sometimes.
He said he was dry firing his service Glock and when he finished he put a mag in racked the slide and prompley shot the bed.
He is single so no one was in the house, but said he had the nervious shakes for two days.
His point was no matter how careful you are DO NOT EVER LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!!!!!!!
I drove a truck for a lot of years, got a 1,000,000 mile award for no wrecks and promptly went out and had a wreck, why you say well I got a little cockey and self assured. I got another a few years latter and didn't let my guard down.