Acusport Bisley .44 Magnum

Koveras

I was able to try out my new Acusport Ruger Bisley in .44 Magnum this week (SS, 5.5" Barrel). The first day I shot it side by side with a SRH in .44, the second day with its twin in .45 Colt. Fit and finish are adequate to good, although it will have a Belt Mountain base pin very soon. The Bisley grip did pretty well with the recoil, but some of the loads with 300+ grain bullets were downright painful. This particular gun prefers light fast jacketed bullets to heavy bullets. It had no taste for lead at all. CAS loads shot way too high, even with the rear sight all the way down.

And with any luck there is a picture attached to this post. The bottom one is the .44...

Attachments

• 2bisleys.jpg
    2bisleys.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 161

gordo b.

I had Magna-Port do a Predator type full house job on my Bisley .44 the day they hit stores. 4 5/8 Barrell, high polish blue action job, the big brass bead wide v rear sight. It is my main .44 I like it waaaaay better to shoot my 330 wide LBT bullet at 1100fps Chrographed (actually 1143 avg) over win 296 than M29 S&W. It goes clean thru the local 300+ pound hogs from any angle and shoots 1.5" at 25yds(until my nerves hold out).I think Ruger Bisley frame (and Groverarms frame) handles big recoil the Best of ANY handgun.