Actors & Guns in Movies

Steamboatsig

The "Gun Mistake in Movies" thread is a good one. But can you name a few actors that do handle their guns appropriately in movies? I think Robert Dinero in Ronin does a good job. And Steven Segal does a good job with his 1911.

Musketeer

Tom Selleck in Quigly Down Under comes to mind.
Lee Emry from Full Metal Jacket in anything he touches a gun (no brainer).
Jean Renau (sp?) in The Proffesional
John Wayne in The Shootist, especially while giving his shooting lesson.
Kurt Russel appeared competent in Tombstone

spakkauk

handling

clint eastwood.
where eagles dare.

sean connery
bridge too far

vinnie jones
snatched

harvey kietel
reservoir dogs

WORST.... john travolta in the experts.

thankyou very much. all votes will be now measured from this.

spakkauk

clint eastwood in where eagles dare.

sean connery in bridge too far

vinnie jones in s'natched

harvey keitel in reservoir dogs

WORST... john travolta in experts
WORST...samuel l jackson on the boat in die hard 3. (couldnt find the safety on a mp5)

KumanderKit

Actors and Guns in the Movies

Here's several:

Steve McQueen in Getaway
William Devane in Rolling Thunder
Robert DeNiro in Heat and Ronin
Just about the entire cast in Black Hawk Down
Willem Dafoe and William L. Peterson in To Live and Die in LA
Lee Marvin in Point Blank (I first saw this movie at a SF camp on the Vietnamese/Cambodian border in 1968, projected on a bedsheet. In the audience were our ethnic Cambodian PRU guys. When Lee Marvin burst into his ex-wife's bedroom and emptied his .357 into her bed the Cambodes stood up and clapped!

Kumander Kit

model 25

Two movies I think the cast did very well in was Saving private Ryan and Blackhawk Down both modern movies.

Lee Marvin new his guns and played in alot of movies.

Glock 31

I don't know about the best, but if you want the worst examples of shooting in the movies, check out any gangbanger style flik.

I.E.
Menace to society,
Anything starring Snoop Dog,
The Friday movies,
Don't be a menace to society while drinking your juice in the hood is another one but doing things the wrong way was sort of the point in that movie.:cool:

C Philip

I notice some actors in movies flinch or blink really badly when they fire the blanks in their gun. It makes me laugh.

Mikeyboy

I hate, hate, hate silly stylistic dancing shooting scenes. Desperado is a perfect example. I liked Mr. and Mrs Smith but the final shootout killed it for me. I got 100 swat guys shooting at me and I'm going to slow dance with my wife as I shoot back at them...arrrgghhh stupid. At least Angelina Jolie was hot as usual.