Actor / Senator Fred Thompson

Dave P

"Retiring Republican Senator Fred Thompson is returning to acting this fall, playing a conservative district attorney on NBC's long-running series ''Law&Order,'' producers said on August 27, 2002. Thompson, seen in this March 17, 1999 file photo, announced he will leave the Senate when his term expires in January. Hewill become the first member of Congress to appear as a TV show regular while still in office."

I like this guy - and the anti-gun show. Anybody think the tilt of the show will move to the right?

How bout Fred for NRA president?

I can hear it now: FRED FOR PRES!

Ironbarr

Push him up to VEEP in '04 and CinCUS in '08 and I'll vote it - if I'm still around.

BTW: Any legal way I can leave my proxy after my PCS to the heavenly fleet (they need us old tars up there to stave off the devil-worships... er... warships).

-Andy

Monkeyleg

I like Thompson as well, but he's not far enough to the right. He also let John Glenn outmaneuver him on the campaign finance hearings in '98. Also, IIRC, his positions on the 2nd tend to waver a bit.

old_yout

I'm extremely excited about this addition to the show. I never get to see it as often as I'd like but the episodes I've seen have all been marvelously written. I think Thompson may not take the show in a different direction but his presence will certainly add an amount of intensity to some of the scenes that I think Dianne Wiest lacked.