ActionBow

Jason Demond

I am not sure where to post this question. I have an old bow, it's an actionbow from the maker of ActionRod and the thing is like 45 or so years old. It is yellow in color with a leather hand grip, it takes a 45# string. I would like to know if it's worth anything.

Archer1440

Actionbows were made about 50 years ago in Hastings, MI by the Actionrod company, a manufacturer of fishing poles. This is a longbow that is made of two pieces of very heavy tapered glass fishing rod.

This item isn't worth anything more than any sentimental value you may ascribe to it. Certainly not more than $25.00-50.00.

By the way, the string on a bow is specified by bow length, not the poundage. I would not recommend shooting this bow at any rate.

Jason Demond

Thanks!

I had seen one just like it in a local antique shop for $45.00. It says it takes a 52" string. I knew that it was made in Hastings but that was about it. One of the local gunshops which is big into archery told me to the right person it may be worth $600.00 to $800.00. I didn't want to sell it, as it belonged to my Dad.