ACT 1911 Mags

RsqVet

UGH ---- I know this may be old news to many but stay the heck away from ACT 1911 mags, sold under the Novak name, and others as well (Sig ships their guns with them, Nighthawk as well I believe, all are marked ACT, made in Italy) , I have had a 100% failure rate with 3 mags (did't buy them came with a gun) in about 4 months of service. All cracked at the back of the feed lips --- first one cracked with a month of use, these 2 with about 4 months, and no I don't put 5k a month down range, more like 500 if I'm lucky, only redeeming quality is the last one I turned in I got a wilson mag since the shop did not have have the ACT in stock,

How could anyone put their name on such a POS?

liliysdad

I have heard bad things about the 1911 mags from ACT, which is odd, because their P220 mags are the best on the market, even compared to factory.

NedreckSavant

I just got one at the last gunshow thinking it was one of the best built/looking mags I'd seen in a while...and to think I picked it over a Chip McCormic.

Also, what kind of gun were you using them in?

bluto

Wow. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'm really surprised. I use Novaks nickel plated magazines in all my 1911's and swear by them. I've put thousands of rounds through them without a hiccup. They're the most reliable magazines I've ever used. I can only wonder if perhaps you got some from a bad batch?:confused:

hksigwalther

Huh. The ACT mags that came with my RIA 1911 has worked fine for me, but I have only run about 400 rounds through it. I thought they were well made despite being a little stiff at first. Plan on buying a couple more but will keep an eye out for the cracks.

liliysdad

Its not just his. There are eports all over of the mags cracking, and i have seen a few with High round counts do it.

W Turner

I have a couple of them and have been very pleased. I am not a heavy shooter (couple of hundred rounds a month), but I have had mine for a couple of years and they have been nothing short of perfect.

Maybe I am just lucky...

W