Acquired 2 revolvers in 3 days....how'd I do??

finz50

Saturday picked up a used (1984ish) S&W 686 for $500, in about 90-95% condition. Today I snagged Ruger New-Model Single-Six (without the 22WMR cylinder, which I never shoot anyways) for $270 out the door.
Did I pay a fair price for these weapons or did I get ripped?

oneounceload

If you voluntarily paid whatever amount you deemed fair for the goods as delivered, then you got a good deal. I know of no one who would voluntarily pay money for something they did not consider at least a fair deal, let alone a good one.

I'm sure someone will come along and brag how they just bought those same guns for $100/each (there's always someone like that), but in reality, if you did your research, not just on the auctions sites, but in your area, and you feel you got a deal - then you did.

Congrats on some nice guns

stevieboy

Sounds good to me. The deal on the Single Six looks to be especially attractive. Both are fine guns, btw, enjoy them!

Kreyzhorse

The deal at this point doesn't matter, you'll always find one that costs more and one that costs less if you look long enough.

Done is done and you wound up with a couple of nice revolvers. Enjoy them.

Cool_Hand

Just for comparison here is one of the cheaper gun shops in Mass and here are some of their prices for those guns used. Id say you did pretty good.

Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum CJW2xxx $549.95 FACT BOX, 6.5''BBL
Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum CHK4xxx $599.95 FACTORY BOX 6" BBL

Ruger SINGLE SIX .22LR 262-58xxx $299.95 X-TRA CYLINDER,FACTORY BOX
Ruger SINGLE SIX .22LR 489xxx $349.95
Ruger SINGLE SIX .22LR 264-66xxx $374.95 X-TRA CYLINDER,FACTORY BOX5.5 INCH BARREL,STAINLESS