acog - worth the cash!

for any of you who were wondering if the acog was worth the money for your assult-style rifle, the answer is absolutely.

i got my msar bullpup outside for the first time this weekend. standing shots. walking shots. low, quick walk shots. all dead accurate out to 50 yards with ease.

Ridge_Runner_5

50 yards?

Pfft, the reticle is supposed to be for 100 yards, and each lower hash mark another 100 beyond that! Get crackin, brother!

Skadoosh

I am a fan as well. You'll find that ACOG really shines at 100-300 yards (and further)...but inside 100 yards, I prefer the EoTech.

KChen986

Yea, at distance, outside, the ACOG *really* shines. Makes it a whole lot easier to make 100M hits on man sized targets than irons or RDS.

i have eotechs on some of my other weapons. i do love those for short range. unfortunately, this weekend the corn was up, so i couldn't see my backstop from any further than about 50 or so yards, but i was hitting targets 4x6in while moving with both eyes open. these were not resting shots.

spacecoast

Second-hand info, but my son told me that an ACOG made it pretty easy for him to qualify "expert" with his M-4, which I believe includes targets out to 300 yards.

Last edited:
i paid $400 something for mine. it came with GG&G lever mount and the killflash. granted the previous owner had used loctite on the killflash and then tried, unsuccessfully, to remove it with vice grips. a little black sharpy on the scratches and you can hardly tell unless you get up close. ebay is the best.