Accurate (safe) factory ammo for M1A?

Battler

I have an M1A loaded.

(Before I get into reloading for it) I would like to try out some different factory loads.

So far I've only been shooting surplus Radway Green, and believe the ammo is now an (accuracy) limitation.

No higher than 168gr, right?

I have heard of bent oprods and heavy wear from having powder that burns at the wrong speed.

I want to be able to walk into the gun store/range with a list of (safe) factory ammo loads to try out, in case they don't have a full selection (or if they're missing the more exotic things like "Black Hills" which I hear plenty of talk of but I'm fairly sure they won't find on the shelves).

Any suggestions? Federal Loads? Winchester? Other? I'd love to hear of the most accurate from these brands; but also of the others that (while not being "premium") are still safe to use in this rifle.

thanks,
Battler.

MIKE14

I had some IMI TZ-80 stamped .308 and it shot better than the Black Hills Match in my rifle. I will load these black Hills Match cases back with 41.5 grs of IMR 4895 with a Sierra 168gr HPBT MatchKing ball. I hate to look at this way but I paid a buck a round for twenty good Match cases.
Try several different loads Each rifle likes something different.Don't rule out the Hirtenberger milsurp stuff My M1A likes it.