Accurate Arms 2495

Nick_C_S

I picked up a 1# container of AA 2495 for 65 and 75gn bullets in 223 Remington for AR. 16" bbl, 1:7 twist - it's technically a 5.56 upper receiver.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using this stuff; and if they had anything to share about their experience.

Sierra 65gn SBT #1695; and Hornady 75gn BTHP #2279. I plan on using CCI 450 primers to start. #41's later in the work up.

105kw

I used it in a 45-70 for 300gr and 405gr loads.
It worked well for me, but I never used it in a modern rifle caliber.

Marco Califo

A2495 is designed for 7.62x51, made in Canada by General Dynamics. It is an extruded powder. I had a pound, but it got recalled. I found I can achieve higher velocities with Accurate 2460, which is a ball powder, in 223/5.56, which I highly recommend. With those heavier bullets Accurate 2520 is called for. I have a pound, but have not loaded it yet with the 65 gr. SBT (which I bought it for).
I will say I like the Accurate Ball powders. They seem to have a definite edge on the extruded stick powders from Accurate in terms of velocity. They also flow extremely well in volumetric measures.

Jim Watson

I tried to like A2520 for its good metering, but unfortunately, about any extruded powder gave better accuracy in my rifles - two guns, three barrels.