Accurate 2495, anybody?

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I've been tinkering with QuickLoad for 6mm ARC, .243AI and 7mm-08 and it seems to like Accurate 2495, usually putting it up in the top 10 or so powders for velocity (typically within 75 or so fps of max) close to 100% case fill, one of the very few with 100% burn (at any rifle barrel length) and very efficient (30%+), almost always with the lowest or second lowest charge weight.

Seems to be right there with IMR3031 for all those factors, and I've had really good luck with 3031.

Anyhow, I don't see much talk about it. Any love for 2495?
(I hope so, I just bought 5 pounds :p)

Last edited:

hounddawg

Still breaking in the barrel on my 6 ARC but so far it liked Leverevolution (25.5 gns) or Accurate 2520 (27.6) with 107 Nosler CC's. Both powders gave me 3 shot groups of .5 or less MOA. No chrono data since the barrel still has less than 100 rounds down it and anything recorded now would change as the barrel seasons. Once the barrel gets to 150 - 200 rounds I will do some more testing and get some better data.

I'm not sure why. I just found a forgotten pound of it that I never opened. Also don't know why. Might be time to give it a chance.

hounddawg

looked at the load data for 6 BR Norma and it looks like it gives less velocity than their other powders like LT 30 and 32