Accuracy shooting .38's from a .357?

Hal

As a very general rule, yes.
In reality? No.
Individual gun to gun variance is more apt to throw things off than the chambering.
Add to that, the ability of the shooter themself - most people can't shoot anywhere near to the mechanical ability of most guns (handguns).

But that goes back to point #1 - As a general rule - because the chamber is different, then the possibility of having it not as accurate goes up?

Confused?

Don't be. Do a good check-out of your purchase, regardless of caliber, to be sure things are nice and tight, then have at it.

Tacoma

What Hal said. Furthermore, different loads/brands differ in accuracy within the same caliber and gun. I would also add that I have several 357's that do shoot better with wad cutter (target).38's than full house 357 mags. Most of my 357's see mainly 38 loads. Get it, enjoy it and don't give it a second thought.

Ol' Thunder

Good advice from these folks - but one thing to remember.... when shooting .38's out of your .357, make sure you clean the chambers in the cylinder well. If you let the carbon build up (from firing lots of .38's v.s. .357's) in that little space which is usually taken up by the longer .357 case, you may very well have moderate to severe extraction problems when you get around to shooting .357 rounds in the pistol. In fact, you may find that you have difficulty inserting .357 rounds in the chambers of the cylinder if the carbon builds up over time. Just CLEAN that puppy and you'll shoot happily for years.

Uwe Jeffries

.38out of .357

Hi
I´m taking my .357 cases with magnum primers and .38 loads. I set them the same way I do my .357.
Accuracie is very good in my 686 S&W.