Accumount for Enfield NO#5 Jungle Carbine

TX Hunter

Hey Guys, I have a Jungle Carbine, Fake, thats is very close to the real thing.
I hate the sights on it, and want to put a No Gunsmith Scope mount on it. It already has one hole tapped on the reciever ring, but I cant figure out what kind of mount the previous owner was using. I dont want to tap anymore holes in it, so have been debating which mount to get.
I have narrowed it down to the Accumount, or the ATI both are about $80 mounts, the Accumount looks like it would have better ring spacing and is made of steel. I plan to mount the new Leupold Hog Hunter Scope on it, and a Leather Cheek Pad.
Does anyone have personal experince with this mount ? Will it hold its setting ? any advice would be apreciated.

madcratebuilder

The best no drill mount for the No4 and No5 LE is the SK. The SK uses a cross screw at the rear sight ears and a wedge under the charger bridge. These mount very tight. The newer SK's have a Picatinny rial and the older ones use a Leupold style ring and are a hair lower. You can these on evil bay all the time.

Early SK with Leopold rings.
skscope01-1.jpg

Late SK with Picatinny rail.
tanker12.jpg

TX Hunter

MadCratebuilder

I have heard that the Snk is a good mount, i may go that route. I was just concerned about the ring spacing. I want the eye piece over the cocking piece on the back of the bolt. The adjustment turret would be very close if not touching the front ring on the mount.

madcratebuilder

Go with the newer model with the Picatinny rail, should give you all the adjustment needed.

Decided on what scope you are going to use? The old Weaver steel tubes look good, I like the K2.5's or K4's.

madcratebuilder

I like the VX-1, I've missed a few good deals on used ones...someday. Evil bay used to have the old Weavers at good prices. I haven't looked at them in some time. Probably gone crazy on prices like everything else fire arm related in the past few years.