ACCU MATCH glock 17 thread pitch?

blackamos

A friend of mine had a Accu-Match barrel for a Glock 17 sitting around and traded me for some ammo I had sitting around. This barrel has a compensator on it and I don't care for the added weight hanging of the end of the barrel so I looking for a thread protector for the end. My problem is that it is not a standard 1/2x28 pitch. It is bigger than 1/2 inch. Does anyone know the thread pitch? I have looked all over the web and can find no mention of the thread pitch. Thanks.

Walt Sherrill

Why not just cut it off, flush?

I picked up a conversion barrel once that had been threaded, and it was just superfluous -- no way I was ever going to put a compensator or silencer on that barrel in that gun... I had my gunsmith cut the end off and recrown the barrel.)

blackamos

I thought of that but then I shot it without the comp on the end and it was grouping really well, didn't want to mess with a good thing. I guess I will just run it without covering the threads if I can't figure out the pitch.

BillM

I've seen 9/16-32 and 9/16-36 on 9mm Glock barrels. Yours might be
one of those--or it could be something entirely different.

blackamos

It is 9/16 and the thread looks like it is 32. I ordered a protector for it and will update if it works or doesn't work. Thanks for the help guys.