Academy Sports Clearance on Rifles/Shotguns

Huffmanite

For you gents in the South, with an Academy Sports and Outdoors store in your area. Visited my local Academy store outside Houston, Tx today and found they had a fair variety of rifles and shotguns on clearance. Basically, at least $100 lowered in price. For example, my store stocked the Zavasta 98 mauser sporter rifles in .270 &30-06. Remington sold these Zavasta made rifles for a couple of years as the 798 Remington. They were marked down from $460 to $350. Noticed a Browning bolt action model, Thompson Venture?, a couple of ARs and single shot rifles plus some shotguns all on clearance.

Lemmon

Thanks for the update.....

Thanks for the update.....Think i will be driving to Columbia and see what is happening locally. I try to stay out of gun stores to conserve $$. Never know what kind of deal is happening that I cannot turn down.... So thanks again... All I need to do now is find gun powder..... Did order some from Powder Valley this week... good price but not all I feel I need.....

Lemmon form rural South Carolina......

Orion6

My local Academy has very little (they suck). I was tempted by a Mossberg 4x4 in .25-06 for $269. Other than that, meh.

They have NEVER had the Zastava Mausers. I would have bought one of those for $350.