Stolle Teddy action high polish
Hart bbl in 6 PPC tight neck .262
Will make weight in light varmint class
Jewell 1.5 oz. trigger
High polish alum butt plate and trigger guard
McMillan 3 in forearm benchrest composite stock
Killer paint job in red metalflake
Less than 650 rounds down tube

I have never shot benchrest and am curious if I could have this chambered to somethin other than 6ppc. I need a good varmit rifle but dont know if this action could take something bigger in 6mm. Any help is appreciated.

The gun I am considering trading is worth about 4K new but obviously less used.

Bogie

It depends on what bolt is in the rifle - Ask the guy if it is a .308 bolt or a .220 Russian bolt - I think that Jim and George sell new bolts for about $350 or so... My rifle, with a .308 bolt, works for .220 Russian, so it doesn't really matter...

The Teddy goes for about $1K
Figure that the barrel cost about $450
Trigger was about $200
Stock was probably about $300, and bedding and painting another $200 or so.

Add in a few $$ for the smith who put the whole shebang together. Is it a glue-in or a screw-in?

I'd figure around $1,600 or so - The current barrel should be assumed to be largely toast.

Has the action been modified - That could cut value - Is it right bolt left port, or right/right, left/right, left/left?

If you're into polish, I think that adds about $100

What does the serial number start with? That's the year of mfg.

Is the guy throwing in dies, brass, etc? A lot of times you'll see that... If rings aren't included, you'll have to get some from Kelbly's (at about $60).

Check at www.benchrest.com and look for the Shooters Corner outfit under the "complete rifles" heading - This is run by a fellow named Bob White, and he's the largest dealer in used benchrest equipment I've ever seen. You may get a better idea of the worth there...

If you've got a .308 boltface, should be NO PROBLEM in having a barrel made for it for a .308, or something like a 6/284 or 6.5/284...

Jeeper

Thanks for the insight Bogie!

You read my mind with the 6mm/284 post. That is what I would really want. I had a rifle in that but I got rid of it a while back. I have been looking for another one since then.

Thanks

Bogie

Just take out the bolt, and see if the thing will hold a .308 case head. If it does, you're ready to rock.

BTW, who was the gunsmith for the rifle? That can have some bearing on it...

I'd likely get Bill Shehane or Speedy Gonzales to cut the 6/284 chamber...

Poodleshooter

What a Stolle Teddy is
Stolle makes high quality rifles for benchrest shooters. I've only shot one of their models-the Panda in 6mmPPC. The trigger was scary. That good and that light. It's a much better gun than I am a shooter, so I won't be buying one anytime soon :)