About Non-Resident CCL

Walter

Question: If I live in, say, Texas, and I get a Non-Resident CCL from, say,
Florida, does that mean I can carry concealed in every state Florida has
a reciprocal agreement with, including Texas, even though I live in Texas
but don't have a Texas CCL?

I realize the question is long-winded and a little convoluted, but it is something
I have been wondering about. Any opinions?

Walter
:)

38splfan

Good question.

It would seem as though you could. If Texas says it will honor a non-resident Florida permit, it shouldn't matter who is carrying it. BUT.... I would call your local DA or firearm saavy lawyer and MAKE VERY SURE.
I understand what you're asking, last I checked it sounded as though Texas makes it fairly difficult and expensive to obtain a permit, then even more confusing to actually carry :confused:
You might find some info at www.packing.org
They have a state by stat listing that might be of some help.

Hkmp5sd

Yep.

The Florida Non-resident CCW is accepted in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont (no license needed for CCW), Virginia, Wyoming.

Michigan and New Hampshire will only accept a Florida CCW if the person is a legal resident of Florida (No non-resident CCWs accepted).

But ask Texas DPS about a Texas resident carrying IN Texas with an out of state CCW. I think it is fine, but best be safe.