? about hard chroming and barrels

P-35

I am considereing having one of my auto's hard-chromed and was wondering if the bore could be chromed. I have a Beretta 92FS and the chromed bore is great. Anyone know?

B Shipley

I don't see why not, that chrome in the milspec barrels didn't grow there. I would perhaps caution to get a company that specializes in firearms finishing to do the job.

bubbaturbo

I would guess that the factory does the plating before the gun is ever fired. If you are going to plate the bore of a previously fired barrel, I would wonder if it could ever be cleaned enough so that the plating wouldn't flake away or crack. I have had a BHP metalloyed and it appears that the barrel was plugged before it was plated.

G. Kennedy

Metalloy plated one of my guns and they plated the entire barrel, inside and out. I would just make sure your chamber isn't tight in the first place since the chrome could change the tolerance's and then you would have problems with the gun being finicky about ammo.....

WESHOOT2

Contact Bob Cogan at www.apwcogan.com (Accurate Plating & Weaponry) for complete discussion of Hard-Chrome.

Did one for me (along with some custom work); would do it again...

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"