A400 1000 round range report

Rob228

1000 rounds through the A400, not a single malfunction, and it is an absolute pleasure to shoot. When I'm on (trap, 16-20 yard line) I can consistently get 22-24, averaging 86 when I shoot 100's. When I'm off, well I'm off but those days are happening less and less. It seems like it shoots just a little dirty, but this is my first gas gun so I'm not certain if I am seeing more carbon than is normal, but its an easy clean. Currently using a Briley light full extended choke, its giving me good dust clouds when I do my part.

Would I buy another A400? In a heartbeat.

One more observation: I shoot at the trap range on Wright-Patterson AFB, lots of guys there with some records. Incredibly friendly crowd, lots of good advice goes out, especially when my wife comes shooting too. What I have noticed though is the advice is great when I'm shooting around 20/25 or less, as soon as I start getting closer to 25 it switches to grumbling about getting a shell catcher, but still good-natured. I don't really plan on getting a shell catcher.

FITASC

I don't really plan on getting a shell catcher.

IF your shells are hitting an other shooter, you may want to rethink that.

1000 rounds is starting to get it broken in. I use the blue smurf gun mostly (have another green Unico too), and am well north of 30,000 after 3 years.

You'll want to plan on replacing the main spring and possibly the magazine tube spring after every 5-10K rounds.

Rob228

They aren't, those remarks are always coming when I'm picking up my hulls, mostly centered around saving my back.

FITASC

I use a magnet from Harbor freight to pick mine up; too damn old for bending over all the time................;):D

mannyCA

I use a magnet from Harbor freight to pick mine up; too damn old for bending over all the time................

Great Idea!:D

Ricklin

Steel

Lots of hulls are steel, even if they look like they are brass. I like gun club hulls for reloading and they are a merry mad mix of plated brass and plain steel.

I generally cup my hand over the breech when I open the gun. As long as it bounces on my hand I'm not hurting the ejector mechanism and I don't have to pick up hulls.

If and when I go to a semi it shall have a shell catcher. Some guys are shooting guns worth thousands and I don't want to hit them or their fine gun with a hull.

I have read of "tuning" ejectors on semi's so they throw the hulls in a way that does not make the guy next to you a secondary target.

A thick heavy rubber band works too.

FITASC

http://multicatch.com/

Beretta%20Shell%20Catcher.jpg

Works great even for skeet shooters.