A2 sight question

timothy75

If using the the large 200 yard aperature and you want to shoot at 400 yards do you simply turn the rear sight to the 400 yard setting or do you have to switch to the small aperature and turn to the 400 yard setting? Basically for longer shots whats the procedure? Thanks

kraigwy

I don't flip my rear sight at all. My bottomed out rear sight is zeroed for 200 yards. I just click it up shooting to 600 yards. The only thing differant is shooting 1000 yards. I rotate my front sight down 4 full revolutions and use my 600 yard zero and I'm right on.

Even during my A1 days I didnt flip up the long range sight, I adjusted fjor elevation with the front sight.

TheManHimself

I believe the apertures are supposed to shoot to the same POI.

The standard A2 rear sight apertures are not same-plane. That is to say, the small aperture is slightly higher, extending zero. The numbers on the elevation dial are meant to be calibrated for the small aperture. The reason for the "0-200" marking on the large aperture is because when the small aperture is properly zeroed, the large aperture is your 200m setting when the elevation wheel is bottomed out at 8/3.