A2 PreBan Values?

hickok45

Hi,

I have an AR-15 (circa 1983) Pre-Ban in very nice shape. I'm thinking of trading it for another rifle. What are these babies worth these days? I've not seen one lately for sale.

Tshoes

What model, and barrel config??/ box, paperwork???

Details, mean a lot.....please expound..depending on the one you have they can go for as much as $1600.00-$1800.00........

fubsy

I dont know if this will help, but I just picked a preban bushmaster 20" barreled competition with fixed carryhandle, the rifle was without box, papers, etc., but it did have a rubberized scope of some unknown manufactuer on it with one of those carryhandle mounts-----anyway, I was tax, call in fee, and out the door for less than $1100 dollars, the rifle appears to be in near new condition, Ill know this morning how it shoots...The store I bought it from the guy said he could bet anywhere between $1500-$2000 for it in a private sale.....I do know of a Colt competition model of the same configuration that has been sitting on a rack in a gun store for almost 2 years, unfired, brandnew, and the guy wants $2000 for it.......I have a hard enough time paying what I consider an inflated price for the rifles, but apparently people are willing to pay it, as evidenced by my purchase.........fubsy.