A Walthers Range Day

AzShooter

b2tansgh.jpg

I decided to shoot the Walthers today.

I took my P 22 and my Colt 1911 22 Gold Cup Trophy to the indoor range for some practice. Both guns worked fine.

The P 22 seems to really like CCI Stingers and Velocitors. I fired 50 rounds of both with no problems. The gun shoots a bit low but as long as I aimed 2 inches above cetner at 7 yards all my shots were where I wanted them to be.

I really like the muzzle flash from the Stingers. Very impressive.

The Gold Cup Trophy ( 1911 22 ) ran 100 rounds of CCI Blazer 40 grain and is hitting dead center. I cut out the center of a Bianchi Tombstone target shooting at 10 - 15 yards. I tried some CCI SV but the slide wasn't coming back far enough to pick up the next round on all shots. Looks like I'll use HV ammo like Blazers and Mini Mags.

BornFighting88

It seems those Walther .22’s an the competing SIG Mosquito pistols all prefer a diet of the high test stuff. Gets them to work the actions properly, with all that metal mass of the slide for a diminutive little round like .22lr.

Very nice pistols. Glad you had a good range day. I have a Ruger MkII that gobbles up just about whatever I feed it. I love it for that. I cheat and have a 2X power pistol scope on it, and it chews ragged clover shaped holes in whatever it is aimed at. Bull barrel helps, too.

Again, very cool. Nice pistols!

wild cat mccane

Your P22 should have come with a bunch of different height front sights. Or, I'm not sure if that is a "normal" P22 given your sight, but a normal P22 comes with a bunch of front sights.

AzShooter

Yes, it came with three different front sights but I opted for the fiber optic sight instead.

I really like the P 22. Works real well.

wild cat mccane

I don't doubt slide can break on them, but I agree. I love mine that I bought when they first came out.

I know mine says to use high velocity in the manual. Not sure about stingers though...Mini Mag and you won't get any trouble for sure.

Nice.