A Stroll on the Las Vegas Strip with Guns

Interested in an OC stroll on the Las Vegas Strip?

• Yes and I will attend

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crebralfix

Nevada decided that Utah permits are no longer honored. They want the $100 for a non-resident permit that they cannot issue in the next few weeks. Furthermore, the LV administration has decided that open carry is not acceptable on The Strip. So...I have no option to legally carry concealed and no option to openly carry without police harassment. My gun rights are effectively nullified for the duration of my vacation.

Is anyone interested in joining us for a little one or two hour OPEN CARRY stroll on the Las Vegas Strip sometime on July 27, 28 or 29 (date/time TBD at this moment)?

The plan is to wander up and down the strip for a bit, enjoying the sights, talking guns and handing out flyers to those interested in learning about RKBA. It's not a protest, rally or really even a event...just a bunch of people walking around who happen to have guns and video recorders.

oneounceload

Vegas cops are not known for being Beverly Hills nice.....Besides bail, make sure your hospitalization and medical is up to speed.....

Tom2

I would float it out there to the cops as a theoretical question and see what they say they would do, just for fun. If I were to drive 1500 miles to the Lost Wages though, I would want to go inside and pull some handles or something for the trouble. Maybe if you were to dress up as cowboys with white hats, perhaps you would look more like a tourist attraction or novelty and get more positive results. People might think your guns were props!

riggins_83

I highly recommend that you pre arrange bail.

+1 for that. Vegas PD wouldn't take an event like this well.... at all. Breaking the law with a firearm and violating the open carry restriction.

Don H

But does Las Vegas have the legal authority to restrict open carry in a public place? The Nevada Legislature may well have a different opinion.

Stevie-Ray

OC is legal statewide in NV AFAIK.
But it's legal statewide in Michigan also, and as I've posted before, you more than likely will prove your point, as we do here in Wayne County, but only after many hours of nasty business and, in your case, wasted and useless vacation.

I risk it in my own state; doubt I ever will in another, especially while on vacation.

crebralfix

So you don't want to do anything at all beyond sending some letters? (I'm seeing this across a bunch of forums).

The fact of the matter is: Nevada is DENYING me my RIGHT to keep and bear arms for no other reason than they want to collect a $100 tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.