A sigh of relief

HKFan9

I turned 21 about 9 months ago and bought my first handgun, a full size H&K USP 9mm, I was always an H&K fan and I don't care what anyone says the USP is beautiful to me. Anyways I have the interview for my PA CCW permit coming up soon and purchased a brand new Kahr PM9. I was nervous after hearing about so many break in problems and poor customer service but my local gun shop owner / police shooting instructor carries a PM9 along with two other Kahr handguns from time to time. After spending so much i was nervous but I just got back from the first time taking it to the range and had no problems at all. I am still not through the entire 200rd recommended break in period due to I go to a public range and a lot of people who CLEARLY do not know proper range safety started showing up so after almost 100rds I decided I'd rather live to shoot another day. So sorry about the long winded post but just wanted to +1 the good quality in the name of Kahr I personally got to see and cant wait to shoot it some more.

10-96

Glad to hear you're having a good go with your Kahr. Yeah, gotta keep eyes open at the range- there's some real 'winners' out there. Are you practicing your draws as well?

HKFan9

yes

I didn't practice draws at the range, but when i get some spare time around the house I'v been practicing drawing the tiny Kahr from strong side pants pocket, strong side IWB, and even the front pocket of a hooded sweatshirt, along with reloads.

On another note I know the nemesis pocket holster has a good name and I will probably be purchasing one shortly, but I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Galco Sto-n-Go IWB holster. I was interesting in purchasing one, just want to hear the good/the bad.

10-96

The only ways I carry these days is with a minimalist or bikini type strong side holster (OWB?), and long tailed untucked shirts. That's just whats come to work the best for me and it isn't too far from how/where I carry while on duty. Try several different carry methods and take the time to develop and perfect the one that suits YOU best.
Another helpful tip is to latch onto 5 or 6 snap caps. Those little boogers can provide lots of training. They allow you to practice loading, speed reloads, and tactical reloads. IT'S BEST TO KEEP LIVE AMMO SEGREGATED COMPLETELY IN ANOTHER ROOM. And on the range, slip one or two into a magazine with live ammo and they're good for malfunction drills and flinch recognition. I started to say "flinch proofing" but that's done up there between the ears. Got friends who swear up, down, and sideways that they don't flinch? Slip a snap cap or dummy round into a mag for them and find out... eventually they'll get over the shock and amazement and laugh right along with you.