A poll on guns in cars in Florida

stephen426

While I fully support a business owner's decision to regulate what goes on in their business, keeping people from storing their guns in their cars is infringing on the employee's right to self defense coming and going from work. Some may argue that banning guns from the workplace infringes on the employee's right to self defense AT work, but I also believe in the rights of property owners. If a gun is locked in an employee's car, then is not considered immediately accesible.

I know some will argue that "bad stuff" can happen anywhere and defenseless employees will be unable to defend themselves. You always have the choice to work for a company with a more "enlightened" approach.

PT111

While I do not agree with employees banning guns in cars in their parking lots I really hate to see a law requiring them to allow guns in parking lots. We have enough of these types of special interest laws now. What would be the ultimate irony would be that a company just converts its parking lot to a private entity separate from the company and charge employees for paring in it. I would like to know what percentage of employees in the US are provided free company parking. I'll bet it is a lot lower than many people think.