A pleasant surprise CCI Blazer

2damnold4this

I got a box of CCI Blazer ammunition for Christmas and shot it today in my snubby .38s. If I buy factory, I usually buy brass case ammunition and had never tried the aluminum cased Blazer.

Both snubbies seemed to like it as well or better than my reloads and shot groups that surprised me. I would have never known if not for a Christmas gift.

Wheelie_Fan

Also, had my first experience with Blazer last weekend.... 44 Spl. Also a Christmas gift... Go figure...

Seemed pretty decent... Accurate... No issues with it at all.
Down side.... Can't reload.

I wouldn't hesitate to run it again if I had it on hand

DaleA

Before the 'big ammo shortage' I used to shoot Blazer aluminum on occasion. I appreciated the lower price and it never gave me any problems.

I remember thinking I was going to be pretty smart shooting it at an indoor range that didn't let you pick up your empties...well they didn't allow aluminum cased ammo either!:mad:

The indoor range I frequent mostly now WILL let you use aluminum in a revolver if you ask ahead of time and promise NOT to drop your empties.

I guess I've just really been impressed with everything CCI has done but my heart belongs to Federal because they're the 'home town kids' for me. Plus Federal once got mad that all the U.S. Olympic shooters shot foreign ammo and came up with a match grade .22 good enough for that level of competition. Some U.S. shooters DID switch to it.

Snyper

The biggest problem I've seen with Blazer, aside from being non-reloadable, is that in some semi's with tight chambers, they tend to stick and cause malfunctions since aluminum isn't as slick as brass.

Other than that it seems to be good ammo for the price

chiefr

Yep, AL will stick in autos, I have seen this at the range, but the autos I have seen with the problems with were the cheapies.

Guv

I used to buy it years ago when I think it was just available with an aluminum case and thought it shot great. By the way it was mostly in 45ACP.

22-rimfire

Glad you had a good experience with them. I have not bought any aluminum cased Blazer in a number of years. I shot some 40 S&W and was not pleased with the power level at all. So, I'll pass on Blazer Aluminum.

JWT

I have shot hundreds of rounds Blazer aluminum .45, .40, 9mm, .380 in semi auto handguns with absolutely no problems.

Cheapshooter

A couple years ago I lucked into a deal for 2 classes of Blazer 38 Spcl 158 gr. LSWCHP+P that came from an agency that had switched to semi-autos, and no longer needed it for practice ammo. Couldn't pass it up for $6.50/box!
Shoots great out of my Model 10, Ruger GP100, and LCR. In fact it was my carry load in the LCR until I found some Speer GD Short Barrel.
I haven't put any across a chronic to see how close it is to the advertised velocity of other "FBI loads".

2afreedom

I'm sure Blazer works just fine in revolvers, if you can find it at a good price. I prefer steel-case ammo over blazer in semi-automatics because of the sticking issue.