A Pistol Caliber Marlin 60?

amprecon

I had been thinking about a pistol calibered carbine again lately and saw how few and far between they are anymore. If Marlin were to offer their Camp 45 again I'd order one right now.
Then I got to thinking of how neat it'd be if they could just use their model 60 and "upgrade" it to shoot the popular pistol rounds, 9mm, .40s&w and .45acp, tubular magazine and all.
I'd order one of those directly too, whadyall think?

bigghoss

well if I'm going to get a semi-auto carbine in a pistol cal like 9mm or .45 I want it to take common handgun mags like for my glock or 1911 for .45. and yeah, if they brought back the .45 camp carbine I'd get one next payday.

Smaug

Why not just get a used one?

Ruger made them too. PC9 I think?

Just keep your eyes open on Gunbroker for one for sale from a seller who isn't too greedy.

Ask them to offer "Buy it Now" if they don't already.

Another thing to consider is a lever action in 357 or 44 Magnum. If you're going to have a carbine that can get the lead out to 100 yards, you may as well have it in a cartridge that still has some punch left at that range. :D

The Kel-Tec idea is a good one, except that they are hard to find, which has artificially raised prices.

Another option: used Beretta CX4. (if you can stomach the "modern" looks)

amprecon

I know the model 60 is a rimfire, that's why I said "upgrade" it to shoot popular pistol calibers.

I don't want it to have magazines, I think the tubular magazine would be a nice feature, don't have to worry about buying certain mags and having mag related problems.

I've considered the other pistol caliber carbines, such as H&K's UMP, Beretta's Storm and Kel-Tec's. I'd prefer the traditional stock setup such as what Marlin had in their Camp Carbines and also being semi-automatic.

Just a thought.......

ndking1126

I think a M60 based PCC would be pretty cool. I'd definitely be interested depending on how the final product turned out. I have been keeping an eye out for a PCC, but nothing on the market today really catches my eye. Not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but I do know I haven't found it yet.