A nice surprise

vertigo7

I was chatting online with a friend of mine this evening, and she just blurts out "I bought a Ruger today." Okay, she's got my attention now. She goes on to tell me she bought a Ruger SP101 .357 with a 2 inch barrel at a gun show today. I was quite shocked, because although she's not anti-gun, she's never expressed any desire to own a gun either. I also encouraged her to apply for her CCW. She says she's going to do it, but wants to break in her new gun and get to know it first before she moves on to do anything else. :: sniffles :: I couldn't have been more proud of her.

[ edited to remove redundant questions now that the search function is cooperating and gave me 31 threads of good info to look over ]

On a personal note, people I've talked with recently tell me the Dept of Licensing here in Florida has been getting CCWs out to applicants in 45 days, half the 90 days advertised. And today is day 45 of 90 for me. :D So maybe I'll have a nice surprise waiting for me when the mail shows up today :: crosses fingers ::

Last edited:

Tom Matiska

May I suggest lessons, ear plugs, and some mild 38 special loads. Full strength Mags out of a 2" barrel might not be a pleasant first experience for her.

Tom

kindlyoldcoach

I concur with Tom Matiska's suggestion, and would add ear muffs to the plugs. The first guy she shoots next to might have a .45/70 Contender.

'coach

Hemicuda

HEY! I resemble that remark about the "guy with the 45/70 Contender! :D

Maybe some ear muffs are in order for her!