A new Ruger toy!

Parke1

Hey all,

I work at a Gander Mountain store, and we had our associate family shopping nite tonight, which entails the store being closed to the public, and all of the employees get to buy things at big discounts. For the first time ever, they decided to give us 10% off on new guns, so I took this opportunity to pick up a new target pistol. I got a Ruger Mark II Competition Target model for $360. Judging from local prices at other stores, this seems to be a good deal. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I will ASAP, of course. I didn't buy 4 bricks of ammo just to look at, now did I? So, anyone else have this model? I'm thinking about putting a red dot on it, any suggestions?

-Parke1

makarov

I have the same gun. Very nice - I had a scope on it for a while, but have decided to leave it with open sights. I like being able to holster it while I'm out plinking on my property. Was just to unwieldy with the scope on it. Shoot it a bunch before investing in a red dot. $360 is a good price, but around here they go for either $369 or $379 depending on which store you are in (there are only 2 in town now). Be happy with your purchase though - they are exceptionally reliable and accurate. I was bored one night and decided to polish mine with a dremel tool and Flitz metal polish. Came out really nice.

I only shoot standard velocity rounds in mine. Remington Sub-sonic is cheap and shoots great in mine. Federal Gold Target is also pretty cheap and works well.

Have fun.