A New Rampant Colt

David the Gnome

I've been keeping my eyes open for a nice stainless Colt 1911 and it seems like most people who own them either never sell them or they get get bought before I can make it in to even look at them. Fortunately I happened upon this Colt Lightweight Commander XSE in 45ACP right after it had been traded in. I got it for what I felt was a pretty good price (less than $700), compared to $850+ they cost new. I was surprised to learn that the flush-fit mags it comes with from Colt are both 8 round magazines. I hope to get it to the range soon to try it out and see how well those mags perform. I'll probably pick up some more assuming they work out okay.

coltlwc01.jpg

coltlwc02.jpg

I've already ordered these slim grips from Esmerelda's Grips for carry and I plan on picking up a set from Sarge the next time I see a set on there that catch my eye.

sn4874.jpg

ltdave

yeah once you put the slim grips on, the others will no longer fit. the slim grips will fall off if you dont mail the factory grips to me (at my cost of course)...

looks nice and for under 7 hundy is a super deal...

SKM&P9

Beautiful Colt. I just have a hard time with the ducktail vs. the beaver tail. I just prefer the upsweep. Gorgeous piece tho.