A Must Read About A Police Department

Ed Brunner

Police officers usually are career-conscious individuals who never do anything they don't think they can get away with.

TexasVet

You know, they can get away with this stuff when it's against good civilians. But the bad guys are gonna start shooting on sight when approached by a cop eventually. And if all this is true, so are some good guys.

Tshoes

Hate to say it..........

But, First Blood applies in this area................time for a little "Bronson".
If the Dept won't Police their own, then that leaves it up to the citizens.................

A true James Bond scenario.........

"License To Kill".

Where are the Federales on this??....I have never seen MORE clear cut cases of Civil Rights abuses in my entire life.:mad:

Zander

"LEO's have to be held to a higher accountability than the general population."

That's the theory anyway. :rolleyes:

C.R.Sam

If only twenty percent factual........they still outta controll from the Mayor and City council on down.

Jim March

It's worth noting that...

...this county is in Maryland, which is a particularly CCW-stingy state. There's virtually no permits issued under their "discretionary" laws, probably only Hawaii has fewer permits.

Jim

John/az2

Well, hey!

If I read this right it's MARYLAND!

Does this REALLY come as a surprise? First disarm your subject, then intimidate them into submission...

And they say it can't happen here in the 'good 'ol USA' :rolleyes:

Coming to a state where you live.

Jay Baker

And let's not forget that the reporting paper, The Washington Post, a full blown Marxist rag, has for many years, crusaded for all firearms EXCEPT those of the police, be confiscated.... by the Police!

Talk about raving hypocracy.......!!!!! Hmmmmm. J.B.

Kharn

DC, Balitmore and PG County, MD, lead the nation with regard to the rate officers shoot people. All have rates double the national average. Good Ol' Boy syndrome is alive and well in Maryland's police forces.

Kharn

scud

The media is on a campaign of terror, people afraid of their .gov submit more readily and cause less trouble. By doing it this way they can keep the illusion that the wheels of justice are rolling ( to silence dissident ), but the underlying statement is that the .gov can do anything to you it wishes w/o consequence.

Patient management is the name of the game here.

The reality of it is that these things do indeed occur w/o consequence. The fruits of government corruption I suppose.

Tshoes

Scud

Yeah, but as Texas Vet said, (in essence), Some, of the patients aren't gonna want to be managed.

It's one thing, (And BAD), to treat anyone this way, unless they are intending to harm the LEO..........still even THEN there are moral & civil limits.

It's QUITE another....when a LEO sticks his phalange up your elementary canal, (after a strip search), illegal from the description of the scenario given.

And THEN procedes to tell you, (totally innocent) of any wrong doing....."It could have been worse".

You are damn right it could have been.

The prick that did this better be damn glad it wasn't ME on the end of his finger tip.

It would have been his last practice run as a Proctologist.

I guaronnnnteee it!!!!!!!:D

Mr. James

Just a little background for those of you who aren't subjected to the Washington Pist on a daily basis: this paper has been waging jihad against the P.G. County Police Department and its chief - not without cause. They're doing scary things in that Department, and have for a long time. My favorite story is the detective who staked out and followed an unarmed man through three jurisdictions (P.G. County, the District of Columbia, and Fairfax County, Virginia), then shot him dead, and said, "oops, wrong guy." Wrong guy, wrong state, wrong, wrong, wrong reaction. They should hang that SOB by his scrotum and use him as a pinata.

The Department used to be a bunch of billy-boys gleefully clubbing, beating and occasionally shooting Negroes. Now, it's a fully integrated equal-opportunity abuser. Black, White, Hispanic, come-'n-get it. And if I'm not mistaken, it has a higher incidence of shooting of citizens than any other force in the country. That said,

When the News Media bashes Guns, protest should follow; When the News Media bashes the police, they should be believed

Your point is well taken, Erick.

johnbt

I graduated from high school in Montgomery County (north of D.C.) in 1968 and PG County (east of D.C.) cops had a reputation back then. I've been reading the Wash. Post regularly over the years (know thy enemy) and these cops-out-of-control-in-PG stories make the rounds regularly - maybe they'll do something about it this time around.

Read the last paragraph from this excerpt from an article in today's Post and tell me what you think. John

"Gregory Allen Cooper, 39, was killed in the early hours of Dec. 9, 1999, after he led police on a foot chase along Central Avenue in Seat Pleasant and tried to escape in a police cruiser whose key was in the ignition.

Seven officers fired 66 rounds at Cooper, a burglary suspect who was high on cocaine, after he got behind the wheel. He was hit three times in the head and abdomen, according to the autopsy report.

Police said they acted to save the life of an officer who was grappling with Cooper as the suspect put the car in reverse and tried to get away.

Cooper's family sued the seven officers and Prince George's County in December. Ralph Lotkin, an attorney for the family, said the police account didn't add up.

"You shoot an unarmed man who is backing up a car with the officer hanging on?" Lotkin said. "And you shoot 66 times? This makes no sense."

One of the officers who shot Cooper was Cpl. Robert P. Hettenhouser. During his career, Hettenhouser has been involved in the fatal shootings of three unarmed men, records show. He also has fired his gun at two other people, but missed."